meet the babe

Random thoughts great and small. Okay mostly small.

Friday, September 03, 2004

After midnight

I had a hard time getting to sleep, mostly because of some activity that was going on down the block with a couple of diesel engine trucks. One of them was a tow truck which eventually towed away a car. The other was some flatbed truck full of junk that rattled around as the truck manoeuvred into the driveway of the house from which the car had been towed.

The diesel engines growled and rattled for nearly an hour down the street. I'm sensitive to undercurrents of noise, so I tossed and turned, and got up from my bed several times to peek out the windows and see what was going on. Even after the trucks left or quieted, I kept hearing phantom engine noise. Grr.

5 Comments:

Blogger darth said...

are you a light sleeper too? i sleep a lot and as often as possible, but am a very light sleeper, anything can wake me up.

8:38 a.m.  
Blogger infobabe said...

Actually no, generally I'm a pretty sound sleeper. Just was having a bit of trouble last night and then I started thinking about the fact that I was having trouble and thinking about the engine noise and getting irritated... vicious cycle!

I'm surprisingly UNtired this morning though :P

9:45 a.m.  
Blogger InkedDaisyGirl said...

in my current state of mind i probably would have gone out there with some sort of kitchen implement ... good for you for not getting yourself arrested!

11:32 a.m.  
Blogger Arethusa said...

Agent Smith has the right idea. I'm not a light sleeper AFTER I've fallen asleep, but before then I need absolute quiet or I'll be up for hours listening to the low hum or rattle of just about anything.

8:50 p.m.  
Blogger infobabe said...

smithie: believe me I was THIS CLOSE to doing that very thing. The problem is that this house is inhabited by dodgy youth-gang types and I wouldn't want my house to be firebombed :(

The more likely course would've been to call the cops, which I've done before, but I didn't get that far.

11:01 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home