meet the babe

Random thoughts great and small. Okay mostly small.

Friday, September 10, 2004

Yoga

I've never done yoga, although I've always been somewhat curious about it. One of my best friends is a yoga fanatic, but she's also a much more spiritual person than I am, in some ways. I guess I'm always trying to think of ways to improve my physical fitness, and yoga is supposed to be good not only for the body, but also for the mind and spirit. What could be bad? I suppose I'm naturally disinclined to do anything that is massively trendy, and yoga culture in Vancouver is at least as prevalent as coffee culture or hiking/biking culture. Can't swing a cat in this town without hitting a yogic caffeinated cyclist.

I got an email today about a staff/faculty yoga class that happens to be available on campus at a time I could actually do it. It's fairly inexpensive, about $5 per class altogether, and convenient, since I could get some dinner on campus and then go to the class and then go home afterwards.

My irrational fear of trying new things is stopping me, when deep down inside I know I should grab this opportunity and just go for it. I wonder why I feel so reluctant to do it. I wonder if I will.

4 Comments:

Blogger darth said...

my sister has been going to class for about a year i think, and really loves it, esp. to just relax after work. to me, trendy stuff can be annoying to have to hear about, but i think you can look beyond all that. and if it turns out to be really something you end up enjoying, who cares? you'll still be doing it when the trendiness passes on :p

1:04 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You'll like it, quit being such an old fuddy duddy!

9:51 p.m.  
Blogger Arethusa said...

DO IT DO IT DO IT DO IT.

And I swing my cat all the time. Doesn't everyone? The trendy people that is. :smugtrendyperson:

9:51 a.m.  
Blogger darth said...

cat swinging is a euphemism for something, right? :o

10:20 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home