meet the babe

Random thoughts great and small. Okay mostly small.

Friday, February 18, 2005

Make it stop!

Okay, so now that I have purchased my new-to-me car (a 1998 Corolla, not the Mazda I posted about earlier), how do I turn off the urge to shop for cars???? I've been doing it for so long, like 4 months now, that it's like second nature to fire up buysell.com and surf through ads. Actually what it feels like is when I was pregnant, and near the end of my pregnancy I kept thinking I would never get used to the absence of the sensation of having a person inside my belly. Okay so it's a weird analogy. But that's what it feels like.

10 Comments:

Blogger darth said...

yeah, info, same thing with house hunting actually..you get so used to checking the papers saturday for open houses on sundays...slamming on the brakes when you see an "open house" sign on a street you like...

10:22 p.m.  
Blogger larrykim said...

i know exactly what you mean about the pregnancy thing. i feel like that when i have had a sizable bowel movement...

10:53 p.m.  
Blogger mcgibfried said...

what is it about vancouver that everyone walks their dog on the main street... everyday?

3:34 p.m.  
Blogger infobabe said...

I wouldn't know since I don't have a dog. What does this have to do with my post???

2:47 p.m.  
Blogger mcgibfried said...

sorry, nothing to do with the post.. just that you live in b.c.

thought you may have some "resident insight."

5:06 p.m.  
Blogger infobabe said...

well I dunno. I don't know what you mean by "the main street" for one. You mean Main Street? or any street that has cars going down it? or what?

I live on a residential street and I see people walking dogs all the time. Do people where you live drive their dogs to the park, get out and walk the dog, then get back in the car and drive home again? I think Vancouverites just get used to walking everywhere. It's less of a car culture than some places.

10:26 a.m.  
Blogger mcgibfried said...

we walk them indoors... city ordinance.

4:55 p.m.  
Blogger thephoenixnyc said...

"looks like I picked the wrong week to quit smoking"

11:42 a.m.  
Blogger thephoenixnyc said...

"looks like I picked the wrong week to quit smoking"

11:43 a.m.  
Blogger infobabe said...

phoenix: I don't understand your post. Either time. I will say that it is never the wrong time to quit smoking, although I seriously doubt you meant anything so literal.

4:26 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home