meet the babe

Random thoughts great and small. Okay mostly small.

Monday, February 19, 2007

rock chick (heh)

I have added a link to the Misfats blog. You can find it in my links. It is a very articulate blog created by a cool and interesting guy in a super fun band. I became loosely acquainted with these guys because of their friendship with my boyfriend's band, Stay Tuned. I haven't seen them play for a while because, well, I'm wimpy and the only time I go and rock out any more is when Stay Tuned is playing (oh except for last weekend when we saw the Presidents). And the 'Tuned haven't played for several months because they didn't have a drummer. They do have a drummer now and I look forward to becoming reacquainted with my inner rock chick.


Incidentally, I'm not a Misfits fan. I probably wouldn't be able to distinguish a Misfits song from any other punk song (except maybe a few Sex Pistols or DOA songs - and holy cow DOA actually has a wiki entry). But I enjoy the humour and energy of the Misfats. One time when I saw them, one of the guys was wearing a t-shirt that said, "Winning the battle against anorexia," and I laugh every time I see it, even in my mind's eye.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home