meet the babe

Random thoughts great and small. Okay mostly small.

Friday, September 24, 2004

how can I get $150,000

I think that sum of money would put me in a place where I could fix some of the things in my life that make me unhappy now. In no particular order:

1) I could get out of debt
2) I could buy myself a new, energy-efficient car that I wouldn't have to worry about every time I start or stop it
3) I could put a down-payment on a home for J and me, big enough that my mortgage would be manageable
4) I could go to school and get the degree I need to remain in my chosen field and advance my level of challenge and responsibility

basically what that says is that I would be happier if I had more money. I hate to say it and it sounds shallow and petty but it's true. There, I admitted it. I'm broke and debt-ridden and I hate it and it's affecting my self-esteem and I don't know how to get out of it.

1 Comments:

Blogger InkedDaisyGirl said...

oh honey, you are the least shallow person i've ever had the pleasure of not meeting! there is nothing wrong with wanting thing in your life to be easier and more harmonious - but i do know how hard it is to realize that it has a lot to do with money.
i always hate being out of sorts about money but i have come to the realization lately that i don't want a LOT of money (so WHEW, i'm not superficial!), just enough to let me breathe. (plus i'd like to every once in a while, be able to take my kids to a movie theater that has movies that aren't already on DVD!

keep it up babe ... you are doing a fine fine job as a human and a mom!

2:21 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home