meet the babe

Random thoughts great and small. Okay mostly small.

Monday, March 21, 2005

exercise machines

okay so I'm currently shopping for exercise machines. My life doesn't leave me room (or cash) to join a gym and I can't seem to keep myself motivated or interested in fashioning my own fitness program at home, so I figure if I can buy a machine and position it in such a way that I can do other stuff while I'm moving my body (like watching tv or reading), it might help.

I don't want to spend a shitload of cash on this thing because I know it might *not* keep me interested. Also I don't want a humungous thing because I don't have a lot of space for it. Man, I hate paragraphs that focus entirely on the negative aspects of a concept or decision, like the paragraph I am writing now, but the fact of the matter is I don't really know what it is I *do* want, since I've never done this before. So it's easier to figure out what I don't want. What I don't want is to be fat and unhealthy.

I was going to shop for a machine in the US next weekend but I realized I might have to pay tax and duty on it so I think I'll shop here instead. I think I can buy something cheap, and hope that cheap in this case translates simply as "inexpensive."

Watch this space for updates to Infobabe's Fitness Quest.

7 Comments:

Blogger Gorgeous Girl said...

I just got one. They are mighty expensive. can you get a used one out of the penny saver.

3:29 a.m.  
Blogger infobabe said...

I know they can get pretty expensive. I'm looking at cheapies, like under $200. The quality might not be so great but I figure for a "starter" machine it might be okay.

7:16 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think we should share the cost of a personal trainer.

9:23 a.m.  
Blogger infobabe said...

Bella: call me up and we'll discuss it :D

7:20 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually info, a few free-weights are a really good idea. Lets go shopping!

8:31 p.m.  
Blogger darth said...

what didja get???

4:10 p.m.  
Blogger infobabe said...

I decided to wait and see if Bella and I actually get it together to get a trainer :P

4:59 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home