meet the babe

Random thoughts great and small. Okay mostly small.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

I have concluded that I should not own a car.

After owning it for not even two months, I managed to crash my new car. It is my very first accident ever, and it was totally my fault. I rear-ended someone who had stopped ahead of me for an occupied crosswalk. The pavement was wet and my tires didn't catch and I slid right into her. My front end is crunched, although my headlight didn't even break so maybe it isn't all that bad.

For some reason I'm kind of circumspect about all this. While I recognize the "victim" statement in the title of this post, I actually feel prepared to deal with the insurance company (hopefully tomorrow, when I happen to have a day off work), find an auto body shop that can do the work quickly and as cheaply as possible, and just move on, rather than wallowing in any kind of self-loathing.

That self-blame is lurking around the edges of my consciousness, but I hope to smother that spark before it smoulders into flame.

4 Comments:

Blogger Arethusa said...

I'm just relieved that no one was hurt! You'll deal with it fine info, and hopefully you'll have a loooong period of car luck after this.

8:41 p.m.  
Blogger infobabe said...

thanks arethusa...I can use all the help I can get! my stepdad pointed out that at least my airbag didn't deploy...I could have a broken nose on top of a broken car.

11:20 p.m.  
Blogger darth said...

glad you are safe, infobabe :)

11:34 p.m.  
Blogger erl said...

take it from someone who has been in far too many crashes that were her own fault = dont let it shake you up for too long. spend five minutes thinking how much it sucked and then think about how it could have been much worse. and then dont think about it again.

2:43 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home