meet the babe

Random thoughts great and small. Okay mostly small.

Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Nerd story.

okay so I had the following conversation with my daughter while we were in the car driving to school yesterday morning.

j: I've been having a math fantasy.
k: oh?
j: yes. Do you want to hear it?
k: well okay. Only if you want to share it with me.
j: I do.
k: shoot.
j: my fantasy is that Ms. S [her teacher at school] tells me that because I'm taking math at gifted learner [summer challenge program], I don't have to do any more math homework this year!
PAUSE
k: you realize what that fantasy makes you, right?
j: what?
k: a NERD!
j: oh that. I already was a nerd!

2 Comments:

Blogger floatingwild said...

ha ha! this story made me laugh out loud!! my son is 10 and is a GATE student (gifted education). He is always reminding me he is a huge nerd.. oh well. i would have never admited to that!

7:28 p.m.  
Blogger Arethusa said...

Your kid is stupendous! Math fantasies! I was probably still dreaming about being a mermaid at her age.

12:44 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home