meet the babe

Random thoughts great and small. Okay mostly small.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

knitting

it's kind of all the rage these days, isn't it? Well, contrary to my nature I decided this would be a good time to pick it up (generally I'm somewhat behind, or utterly ignorant of, these trends). Actually my daughter J decided she wanted to learn, so I learned too.

it took me 3 hours to do this:

which means it's not the most efficient process in the world for me, yet, but I confess I find it quite enjoyable. The basic stitch anyway. I was also thinking that it would be a great way to pass the time on an airplane, and started looking forward to the flight I'll be taking later this month. But then I realized, I don't know whether the airline will actually allow knitting needles on the plane! I wonder if I should try to find out beforehand, or just take my chances.

6 Comments:

Blogger Arethusa said...

I am generally very jealous of anyone who has needle skills. What with my sweaty palms and lack of patience every attempt at needle work resulted in something resembling a biological disaster.

2:05 p.m.  
Blogger infobabe said...

well I'm pretty proud of myself for learning so quickly. At this rate, by the time Hammy's unborn baby graduates from high school I might be able to knit him/her a tocque :P

3:00 p.m.  
Blogger Hammy said...

You called??

Maybe we can just wrap your first attempt around baby's head? Kinda ethnic and scarf-y???

xo

6:58 a.m.  
Blogger darth said...

http://www.tsa.gov/public/interapp/editorial/editorial_1252.xml
Knitting needles are permitted in your carry-on baggage or checked baggage. However, there is a possibility that the needles can be perceived as a possible weapon by the TSA screener. TSA Screeners have the authority to determine if an item could be used as a weapon and may not allow said item to pass through security.


so...DON'T LOOK SUSPICIOUS, INFOBABE. KNIT CASUALLY.

8:53 a.m.  
Blogger infobabe said...

that's awesome darth. Most helpful :) I especially like the tip about carrying a crochet hook in case I had to surrender my needles, so I don't lose the work. Seeing as it takes me 5 hours to knit a 4-inch square, it would be tragic to have to throw it away.

Hammy: send me your home address and I'll mail it to you :D

9:58 a.m.  
Blogger InkedDaisyGirl said...

knitting needles are totally fine aboard airplanes because us knitters are generally too frustrated with our crafty side to develop any terrorist plots. it's hard enough tjust trying to make clothing with pointy chopsticks.

8:06 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home