meet the babe

Random thoughts great and small. Okay mostly small.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

lunatism

I wish I had a better camera because if I did I would have taken photos of this month's full moon, which is currently occurring, which you can see from my moon phase thingy if you're reading this on the day I am writing it. Otherwise, you'll have to take my word for it.

Driving home from work last night (well you know, like 5pm), coming eastward down the hill I had a brilliant and unobstructed view of the most beautiful wintery moon. She was silvery gold, occasionally obscured by wisps of clouds that tiptoed across her face, enhanced by the crisp dryness of the evening air. The radio kept talking about all the terrible traffic and accidents that were plaguing the evening commute, and blaming it on the moon. I wouldn't disagree, since I am superstitious about the effects our friend in the sky has on us, and I also was occasionally distracted and enraptured by her beautiful face that was directly in my sightline.

Then, this morning as I drove to work (again in darkness, around 7:30am), there she was in front of me again, preparing to go to her western resting place. This time she was very hazy, her vision blurred by morning low clouds, but her brilliance could not be concealed and she lighted my way up the hill once more.

This dry December is a treat for those of us who revel in the spectacle of the heavens, the beauty we cling to in this otherwise bleak, dark time of year.

1 Comments:

Blogger darth said...

lovely :)

8:05 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home