meet the babe

Random thoughts great and small. Okay mostly small.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

snowbaby

I liked posting that knitting post with a photograph so I'm making another post just to showcase a photograph. I'm not a fabulous photographer or writer like Bella but it's kind of fun to do :)

A week or so ago we got a bunch of snow, which is pretty unusual for Vancouver, especially this early in the season. My daughter J and her friend E (who comes over on Tuesdays and I take them both to Girl Guides ) made this little snowman before dinner. They asked me for a carrot and wouldn't you know, just the day before I'd bought regular carrots (instead of the little snacking carrots which I usually buy). They used carrot rounds for eyes and gave it a proper carrot nose, and I gave them a piece of red cabbage for a smiling mouth. It was so cute I had to run out and photograph it. And now I'm sharing it with you, fair readers.

2 Comments:

Blogger darth said...

i wish it would snow here, so darth jr. and sausagedog could frolic and build snowmen and snowdogs, while i watch from the warmth and safety of my bedroom window.

8:56 a.m.  
Blogger Arethusa said...

It is cute! I'd get someone to take pics of the ones made on campus but they're not G-rated. Uni students.

10:36 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home